|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00100|
MD/DO - Psychiatrist
The HUB for everything American and Political
The Community - Washington DC
Bigger than life monuments and memorials, the most famous house in America, renowned museums, world-class art galleries and eye-catching architecture continue to be reasons to visit and live in "the District . Washington DC is a hub for American politics and history, attracting as many school field trips as it does travelers. Spend some contemplative time at the Reflecting Pool within the National Mall, among the most patriotic places in the country. If you are looking to be right in the thick of things, look no further than Washington DC.
Southeast is the southeastern quadrant of Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States, and is located south of East Capitol Street and east of South Capitol Street. It includes the Capitol Hill and Anacostia neighborhoods, the Navy Yard, the U.S. Marine Barracks, the Anacostia River waterfront, Eastern Market, the remains of several Civil War-era forts, historic St. Elizabeth's Hospital, RFK Stadium, Nationals Park, and the Congressional Cemetery. It is also contains a landmark known as "The Big Chair, " located on Martin Luther King Avenue. The quadrant is bisected by the Anacostia River, with the portion that is west of the river sometimes referred to as "Near Southeast ".
Saint Elizabeth's Hospital
St. Elizabeth's Hospital is a facility in southeast Washington, D.C., originally built to be a psychiatric hospital. Since 2010, hospital functions have been limited to a portion of the east campus operated by the District of Columbia Department of Mental Health. The remainder of the east campus is slated for redevelopment by the District of Columbia which owns the site. The west campus is owned by the Federal government and is being redeveloped for use as headquarters for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. St. Elizabeth's opened in 1855 and was the first Federally-operated psychiatric hospital in the U.S. Housing over 8,000 patients at its peak in the 1950s, the hospital had a fully functioning medical-surgical unit, a school of nursing, and accredited internships and psychiatric residencies.
The Department of Behavioral Health (DBH) provides prevention, intervention and treatment services along with supports for children, youth and adults with mental and/or substance use disorders including emergency psychiatric care and community-based outpatient and residential services. Saint Elizabeth's Hospital (SEH) is the District's owned and operated adult inpatient psychiatric hospital. DBH/Saint Elizabeth's Hospital, seeks two Licensed Clinical Psychiatrists to complement SEH Clinical Team providing Licensed Psychiatry Services for up to Thirty Three Hours (33) a week dependent upon SEH scheduling and Patient Care requirements. Psychiatric responsibilities include diagnosis and assessments, determinations of medically necessary services, medication management, counseling and psychotherapy.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- The Psychiatrist deployed to SEH shall have extensive knowledge and experience in the following Psychiatry and Patient Care areas:
- Shall be able to deliver services in a manner that builds resiliency and supports Consumers in accordance with the DBH/Saint Elizabeth's Hospital's services standards. Assures that Consumers, family members and other DBH or other stakeholders are treated with dignity and are collectively consulted when evaluating treatment and services.
- Must demonstrate competencies in all of their major duties.
- Shall be able to demonstrate welcoming attitudes, accepting values and skills in conveying empathy and hope to Individuals and Consumers, including those with co-occurring disorders who are under SEH's care.
- Shall be able to function as a member of a Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Team; provide medically necessary psychiatric services for SEH In-Patient Consumers to include but not limited to core services, such as Diagnostic/Assessment, Medication/Somatic Treatment, Counseling and Psychotherapy. Contractor shall coordinate all psychiatric and medical functions required by a Consumers' diagnostic/assessment and treatment plan. Contractor shall have experience with managing Consumer medical data within an electronic medical record system environment.
- Shall have intermediate to advance level communication skills to include knowledge of word processing applications.
- Shall participate in and is subject to a peer review privileging and competency assessment process to monitor the quality of care delivered by Qualified Practitioners and Credentialed Staff and assure competent, recovery based treatment. Shall participate in a Quality Improvement Program, which includes the following components and/or activities.
- Consumers and family members.
- Enhance access and availability of services;
- Treatment and Prevention of acute and chronic conditions;
- Review the adequacy and appropriateness of care;
- Efficient utilization of resources;
- Review unusual incidents, deaths, and other sentinel events;
- Review Consumer/family satisfaction with services;
- Reviews high volume services, high risk conditions and other psychiatry services;
- Coordination of care across behavioral health treatment and primary care treatment settings to assure compliance with standards and requirements;
- Work with Consumers and SEH staff to coordinate resolution of complaints and grievances;
- Shall provide Consumer and Family educational information in both written materials and face-to-face contacts regarding additional available services or resources using DBH provided resource depository.
- Shall utilize best treatment practices based on research and analysis that promote recovery, reduce stigma and unconditionally enhance the quality of life; utilizes a positive therapeutic milieu that ensures active treatment and emphasizes recovery. Work with DBH Clinical Staff to assure Consumers are provided access to cognitive behavioral psychotherapy for individuals and groups, and performs a full range of psychiatric services and assessments for Consumers served.
- Performance of services shall be dependent on the needs of the SEH. SEH shall coordinate a schedule for services one week in advance. Overtime, On Call and After-hour/Holiday work is exempt from this Contract.
- Shall be responsible for maintaining records of the medical treatment of assigned patients in compliance with Saint Elizabeth's Hospital policies and procedures. These records shall include a summary of the hospital record for discharged patients in compliance with the Saint Elizabeth's policies and procedures.
- Shall be able to work within a Psychiatric Hospital setting understanding there is some degree of hazard that may be present in working with emotionally disturbed consumers and their families/caretakers.
- Shall possess the necessary skills interpersonal and other to be successful in working in such an environment.
- May be required to provide expert testimony in DC Superior Court procedures regarding the dangerousness of assigned or other patients and in need for commitment involuntary treatment either as an inpatient or outpatient. Shall be responsible for all transportation cost/expenses for providing Services as described.
- Smoke Free Campus -The Saint Elizabeth's Hospital Facility and related structures are Smoke-Free buildings. It shall be the responsibility to ensure that his/her Employees comply with the Hospital's smoke-free policy.
- US citizenship and English language proficiency
- Must have completed an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education approved residency training program and be Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Background/suitability investigation.
- Must be able to be credentialed, privileged and possess a current, permanent, full and unrestricted District of Columbia license to practice medicine.
- Not required, but preferred, possession of Certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Forensic certification is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate mastery of a wide range of Psychiatric Theories, Practices, and Techniques used in diagnosis, assessment and medication and somatic treatment of mentally ill consumers, including a current knowledge of Psycho-Pharmacological Treatment.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the "Recovery Model and/or "Resiliency Model requirements.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.