|Location||Tabor City, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||November 10, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00106|
RN - Registered Nurse - Travel - Corrections
Lucrative Travel Assignments
The Community - Tabor City, NC
Tabor City, North Carolina is located in Columbus County in the southeast corner of the State. Tabor City was founded as a rural market town on the Atlantic Coast Railroad. Our history as an agricultural center can still be seen today with our fields of corn, lumber yards, and grain silos. The municipality has a population of 4,287 and is located within 30 minutes of the Grand Strand (Myrtle Beach, SC and Brunswick County, NC). While many people know us because we are the way to the Grand Strand, we are so much more than that. We are award-winning campgrounds, locally owned restaurants, muscadine wines, and family values. We are a friendly community, where you will always be greeted with a wave and a smile whether at a football game on Friday night or at the NC Yam Festival held each October. While areas around us have changed with hasty growth, suburban lifestyles, and traffic jams, we have maintained our identity as a true southern town with our laid-back hospitality, sense of community pride, and nostalgic return to simpler times.
Requirements (Duties and Qualifications include but are not limited to)
- Conduct inmate sick call weekly as dictated by policy, or assist unit physician with sick call when unit physician is present.
- Conduct segregation checks a minimum of three times per week or more as dictated by the prison unit standard operating procedures.
- Use approved nursing protocols to treat minor injuries and illnesses which do not require a physician’s attention.
- Prepare and administer medications as per physician order.
- Refer inmates to physician’s clinics, or hospitals as appropriate.
- Prepare medical records for transferring inmates, including following the policy and procedure for medication transfer.
- Provide inmates access to quality healthcare provided by competent healthcare professionals in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Ensure proper organization and maintenance of health records in accordance with the prison unit policies and the health policies and procedures manual, and assure that the prison unit health care standard operating procedures are maintained in a current state at all times.
- Ensure that all treatments and medications are fully documented in the patient’s health record.
- Possibly assume charge responsibilities as needed.
Surgical Nurse (Operating Room and Endoscopy) Additional Requirements
- Understanding of the principles of surgical asepsis or sterile technique.
- Expert knowledge on how to operate specialized equipment used in the operating room and how to position a patient to prevent complications.
- Ability to assess a patient’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- Knowledgeable work as a scrub nurse or circulating nurse in an OR setting.
- Expert ability to perform duties before, during, and immediately after surgery.
- Experience with endoscopy to include colonoscopies, EGD’s, and biopsies with specimen collections.
- Ability to correctly label specimens and fill out lab requisitions and correct record keeping.
- Ability to start peripheral IVs and use central venous access portacaths, PICC lines, etc.
Oncology Nurse Additional Requirements
- Qualified to safely administer chemotherapy by various routes. The RN will assume responsibility for chemotherapy drug administration in order to assure quality patient care and patient safety.
- Knowledgeable on the handling and disposal of antineoplastic agents.
- Able to perform vascular access device management. Use central venous access portacaths, PICC lines, midlines, and start peripheral IVs.
- Ability to triage numerous symptoms patients with cancer encounter. Knowledge about pain assessment and both pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic management.
Mental Health Nurse Additional Requirements
- Crisis Intervention Training, ie: CPI, NCI, or CIT.
- Ability to access patients for abnormal movements and AIMS scoring.
- Must have and maintain an active, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina or Compact state license.
- Must have at least one (1) year of clinical experience as an RN or one (1) year in the specialty the RN would be working such as Surgical or Mental Health.
- Must have current BLS/CPR and/or ACLS certification as required.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.