|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Newport News, Virginia|
|Date Posted||March 21, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00065|
MD/DO - Family Practice Physician
An Old Soul and Youthful Enthusiasm - Coastal Town
The Community - Newport News, VA
A city with an old soul and youthful enthusiasm. A Coastal Virginia vacation destination with fascinating sights to see and interesting things to do. A convention city with flexible facilities and a confident, can-do attitude. Situated in the middle of the Hampton Roads region and the heart of the Mid-Atlantic, Hampton welcomes vacationers and meeting attendees alike with charming hospitality, multi-faceted attractions and activities, and an atmosphere of discovery that you'll find pleasantly surprising.
Fort Eustis was established in 1918, and has served a number of purposes, including an Army training facility for artillery and artillery observation, a prison, and a work camp. Beginning in the World War II era, the primary mission of Fort Eustis has been Army transportation training, research and development, engineering, and operations, including aviation and marine shipping activities. The 2005 Base Realignment, Allocation and Closure (BRAC) Act resulted in the greatest change in the look of Fort Eustis by relocating the Army Transportation School headquarters to Fort Lee in 2010. The Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) Headquarters replaced it in 2011. The BRAC decision consolidated adjoining bases of different services, referred to as joint basing. Resultantly Fort Eustis and Langley Air Force Base were consolidated under the responsibility of the Air Force 633d Air Base Wing as Joint Base Langley-Eustis in 2010.
Board Certified Family Practice Physician to coverage at the Fort Eustis Clinics (McDonald Army Health Center or Williamsburg Health Clinic) as required. This is a contract position for five (5) years. Normal duty hours are forty (40) hours per week during clinic hours of 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, (excluding federal holidays); however schedule changes may be required to accommodate Standard Readiness (SRP) services of the SRP team, Fort Story, VA.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Teach patients proper self-care and motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
- Provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the appropriate patient population served: Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults, and Geriatric (>65).
- Demonstrate skills in interviewing, examination, assessment, and management of patients with general medical and surgical health problems.
- Manage seriously ill patients in consultation with or by direct referral to specialty physicians.
- Use initiative in carrying out recurring tasks independently without specific instructions, but refers problems or unusual situations not covered by instructions to the supervisor for help.
- Work shall be reviewed through periodic discussions to ascertain that procedures are being followed in a manner that ensures quality patient care.
- Must be a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) having successfully completed a three (3) year residency program in Family Practice.
- Must be Board Certified in Family Medicine by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Must possess a current license to practice medicine in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia.
- Must have current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) number
- Must have and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Shall have a minimum of one-year experience with interviewing, examination, assessment, and management of patients with Urgent Medical and surgical health problems.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
Keywords: Primary Care Physician, Family Practice Physician, Family Medicine Physician, PCP, FPP