|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00084|
MD/DO - Primary Care Physician
Coast Guard Island Needs Your Skills…
The Community - Alameda, CA
The City of Alameda is one of 12 cities throughout the nation designated as a Coast Guard City. The designation is made to recognize the outstanding support these communities provide to Coast Guard personnel and their families. The Coast Guard shares a rich history with the City of Alameda and has been operating in the estuary since 1926. In 1982, the Pacific Area Command was relocated to Alameda from San Francisco. Other commands located at Coast Guard Island include: the Eleventh Coast Guard District, Maritime Intelligence Infusion Center, Maritime Safety & Security Team 91105, Training Team West, Naval Engineering Support Unit Alameda, Electronics Support Unit Alameda, Health Services Work Life, Personnel Services and Support Unit, and Coast Guard Base Alameda. Coast Guard Island is also home port to the USCGC Stratton, USCGC Bertholf, and the USCGC Waesche. The Stratton is the Coast Guard's newest National Security Cutters built to replace the High Endurance Cutters introduced in the 1960's. Currently, Coast Guard Island is home to one High Endurance Cutter, the USCGC Morgenthau.
United States Coast Guard Alameda - aka Coast Guard Island
Coast Guard Base Alameda also referred to as Coast Guard Island is an artificial island in the Oakland Estuary between Oakland and Alameda, California. It is home to several major United States Coast Guard commands and cutters, including the Coast Guard Pacific Area. It is one of the largest Coast Guard bases on the West Coast. From 1942 until 1982, the island was the site of the Coast Guard's recruiting training center (boot camp), enlisting and training hundreds of thousands of Coasties including many of the 214,239 who served in the Pacific and European Theaters of World War II. The 67-acre (27 ha) island is situated in the historic Brooklyn Basin, now known as Embarcadero Cove. It is within Alameda city limits, but is tied to land only via a bridge from Dennison Street in Oakland.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provide medical care based on primary and preventative care, to meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients under a limited scope of and within his/her skills and training.
- Manage medical care; basic mental screenings; medication adjustments; mild depression, anxiety, and loss/grief issues; and continuity of care.
- Emphasize wellness, prevention and early detection.
- Promote continuity and quality of care through an ongoing relationship.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Determine which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs.
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with protocol.
- Administer medications per facility protocols.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
- Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients and their families for informational purposes.
- Primary Care Physician must be currently board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- Primary Care Physician must possess two (2) years of recent clinical experience practicing as a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician.
- Primary Care Physician must possess current license to practice medicine in State of Clinic.
- Primary Care Physician must possess degree from an accredited school of medicine in the U.S.
- Primary Care Physician must have no unfavorable information on file with NPDB.
- Primary Care Physician must possess current DEA registration certification.
- Primary Care Physician must possess BLS from AHA, Red Cross, ASHI, or ACEP.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.