|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 3, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00130|
MD/DO - Psychiatrist
“Mega-Trend” city of the 21st Century!
The Community - Tucson, AZ
With 350 days of sunshine a year, Tucson, Arizona is home to the University of Arizona and is the second-largest populated city in Arizona behind Phoenix. Roughly 150 Tucson companies are involved in the design and manufacture of optics and optoelectronics systems, earning Tucson the nickname Optics Valley. Tucson boasts the best of both worlds...the progress and innovation of a metropolitan community and the friendly, caring atmosphere of a small town.
Davis-Monthan Air Force Base
Located within the city limits of Tucson, approximately 5 miles south-southeast of downtown Tucson. The base is best known as the location of the Air Force Materiel Command's 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group (AMARG), the aircraft boneyard for all excess military and government aircraft. Tucson's dry climate and alkali soil made it an ideal location for aircraft storage and preservation.
- Examine, evaluate, diagnose and treat psychiatric disorders.
- Obtain and evaluate data through interview techniques.
- Prepare and review case histories.
- Prescribe and evaluate effectiveness of a wide range of therapeutic measures.
- Recommend disposition of psychiatric cases.
- Serve as medical and psychiatric consultant to clinical psychologists, clinical social workers and others as required.
- Advise on kind and quantity of psychiatric supplies and equipment.
- Active member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Coordinate direct patient care with outside facilities and command.
- Perform medical exams, reviews, and conduct appropriate military specific documentation such as, but not limited to, narrative medical summaries for Medical Evaluation Boards, medical profiles, and quarters authorization following military specific policies.
- Contribute to the training experience of mental health technicians.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and patient records of all patients seen
- Consult with medical personnel, legal authorities and military commands as appropriate.
- Completion of residency or fellowship in psychiatry acceptable to the Surgeon general, Headquarters United States Air Force.
- Possess board certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or the American Osteopathic Association.
- At least 24 months of experience within the last 36 months.
- Possess and maintain current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Possess current unrestricted license in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Shall have a current DEA registration number (certificate) to prescribe controlled substances.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.