|Date Posted||May 10, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00011|
MD/DO - Internal Medicine Physician
Give us a day, we’ll give you a vacation!
The Community - Portsmouth, VA
One visit to Portsmouth, Virginia and you’ll be hooked. Amble along our famous Seawall. Stroll through three centuries of historic neighborhoods. Go antiquing. Take in some art. Stand inside a giant soap bubble at the largest children’s museum in the state. And did we mention that Portsmouth is home to some of the most delightful restaurants in the region? Many of Portsmouth’s attractions are clustered within easy walking distance of each other, making it the perfect place to spend a day. And with its central location, it’s easy to get to – just a quick ferry ride from downtown Norfolk, a just minutes from Virginia Beach, and Colonial Williamsburg.
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
Naval Medical center Portsmouth, Virginia has proudly served the military and their families since 1830 making it the Navy’s oldest continuously running hospital in the Navy medical system. Nationally acclaimed, this state of the art medical center with ten branch clinics offers premier research and teaching programs designed to prepare new doctors, nurses and hospital corpsmen for the future. This patient driven TRICARE facility is entrusted with the health readiness of the United States armed forces. Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, proudly serving those who serve us so well.
POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
Provide a full range of Internal Medicine services such as:
- Oversee and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine.
- Acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems.
- Provide immunization prescriptions.
- Diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated.
- Participate as a faculty member for the Graduate Medical Education program.
- Attend monthly faculty meetings.
- Precept interns and residents, including reviewing and co-signing notes.
- Work with medical students when needed during clinic hours.
- Must hold a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from an accredited graduate school of Medicine.
- Must have successfully completed a residency program in Internal Medicine which has been approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association or those Canadian training programs approved by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or other appropriate Canadian medical authority.
- Must possess Board Certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM).
- Must possess at least 1 year of experience as an Internal Medicine Physician within the last 2 years.
- Must be in good standing, and under no restrictions, with the state licensure board in any state in which a license is held.
- Must maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.